Thursday, May 27, 2010

A picture that makes me sad

Let me just start off by saying that I love this picture.
This is Brian's grandparents holding Sam as a baby. They are so sweet I consider them my own grandparents.
Brian's grandma was so excited when I first got pregnant. She asked me every time she saw me how I was, if it was a boy or girl, and if I was ready to have the baby yet. She was slowly starting to lose her memory but I just told her the same thing every time.
I had Danny and she just loved him. The first time he smiled was at her. She would sing to him in her cute little voice.
Then I was pregnant with Sam and she asked the same questions over and over again. She was so excited when he came. She loved to just touch him.
Chrismtas Eve 2008, Brian's grandma went to the hospital because of a stroke and from then on has never been the same.
She has no idea who any of us are. She never knew I was pregnant with Sarah. I know she would have loved her. She would have been so excited for a girl. This is one of the last pictures I have of her before her stroke. I miss her.
We still see her but it isn't the same.

2 comments:

Jane Durham said...

That is sad. I bet she hates it too, cute little Sarah!

Janell said...

This makes me sad too! I miss her alot. But, Sam makes me happy!!