Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Wow I am a mother of 3. That is so crazy to me. I feel so lucky. I have the 3 greatest children in the world. I am so happy right now and life is so great. I couldn't ask for anything more.

I have really learned a lot about myself since I have become a mom.
I have always been felt like I wasn't the greatest mom because my house isn't spotless and I don't make gourmet meals for dinner all of the time.

Then I realized that in order to keep my house spotless all of the time or to be able to spend hours on dinner every night, I would have to spend less time with my kids. That is definitely not what I want. Don't get me wrong, I cook dinner almost every night and try to keep the house clean, but it isn't flawless. I want to be able to read with my kids, play hide and seek, let them help me cook, or whatever they feel like doing and if that means that my house gets a little messy then I am fine with that. I am learning to love the mom that I am and not compare myself to other moms. That was a big step for me.


Have I mentioned how much I love this girl? She is such an angel. She will sleep 13 hours at night. I just lay her down and eventually she falls asleep. Having a girl is so much fun!!

Why so serious?
Sorry I had to write that. He totally looks like the Joker. Maybe next time we make fruit smoothies, we will use a straw and not a spoon. Sam has been struggling lately with being a middle child but he also gets so happy and loves to dance and smile. He loves to make others smile. I love this guy and need to work on paying more attention to him. By the way, thanks Brian letting me get a Vita Mix blender!!!

Danny brought home this paper from preschool that his teacher had filled out about me. This is what it said:
My mom is prettiest when... she has red shoes on.
(I had red shoes on that day, I didn't think he noticed)

My mom's favorite food is... chicken and rice
(This is actually true, I love chinese food. We had pei wei the night before)

My mom's eyes are... blue

My mom likes to... play with me
(I love that)

She is happy when... she sees Sarah

My mom is... 20... years old

If my mom could go anywhere she would go... to dinner.

Her best friend is... me.

Her job is... to do everything.

I love my mom because... I love her.

Pretty funny. I love this guy.

Haha. The other night, I asked Brian to fold the laundry while he was watching tv and he said yes so I just piled it on top of him. He sat like this for a long time then decided to get the job done.

3 comments:

Abigail said...

Everything Danny said about you is so cute!! You are a wonderful mom and have such cute kids!! I miss you :)

Elizabeth said...

Hahaha this is so cute and funny. Danny thinks your 20, I laughed out loud at that part, not quite sure why. You are a wonderful mom and a great example to me!

ashley g. said...

Those answers- priceless! I especially love the red shoes comment. Those kids do have quite the momma. Especially when she wears red shoes.