Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A post about poop

That is right, I am mainly documenting how Sam got potty training so if you want to read about it, then go right ahead. So, I forgot how much I hate potty training. I started with Sam last week and the first day he just cried every time I told him to go potty. I was so frustrated. Then he started getting a little excited about it (with the help of skittles). He got to the point where he would pee in the toilet great but wouldn't poop. So for a week I was cleaning out his underpants several times a day.
Then yesterday I noticed that strained look in his face, like he was forcing something out, and grabbed him and ran him to the toilet while ripping his pants off. I got him on the toilet just in time and he pooped in the toilet! I know that shouldn't really count but I was happy. Then today he went all by himself every time. There was poop all over the toilet, floor and rug but that is fine with me as long as it isn't in his underpants.
He still has accidents but he is getting better and I am so happy for that. He is so proud of himself.


Sam is so proud that he wears underpants just like Danny. I can't wait to bring this picture out in 10 years and show the boys. Maybe I will make a life size poster and pull it out at Danny's wedding. He will love me for that.


I went to go get Sam at his friends house because I had a feeling he hadn't put his pants on and this is how I found him. My boys really have no shame.


I also love that wherever we go, he says hi to everyone! I had lots of uncomfortable hi's from old men who didn't want to talk to little kids. Every time someone would say hi, Sam would get so excited.
He also asks everyone how old they are. It is funny...and a little uncomfortable. This lady said I am really old, I am 54. Then Danny said, "That isn't that old." She was so happy.

2 comments:

Pamilya Catubay said...

days will get better.....I know coz I started Chanelle in the beginning of Feb this year and its better now so you'll get there, I hate potty training, too....

mIcHeLLe said...

yay! good job mama!