Saturday, April 9, 2011

Pat your butt

Why does it always seem like I am saying no to my kids?
Danny is always saying, "You never let me do anything."
Whenever I give in and tell them they can do something they probably shouldn't be doing, I regret it.

Sam will ask me for something and he always says please. He asks so nicely that it makes me feel even worse when I say no.
Then he will say, "No, I said PLEEEASE."
Then I have to explain to him that that was so nice to say that and I appreciate it but no you cannot build a shake-alator.

Oh, I guess I should explain what a shake-alator is. Well it is when my boys take all of the couch cushions off and stack them together so that they are next to each other, each touching the ground. Then they climb across them while the other shakes it. They got the idea from wipeout which they think is the funniest show ever. I love that they just made up the name also. They tend to start jumping on the couch and it has started ripping and then leaves a big mess that they don't want to clean up.

ANYWAY, after I still say no, he will spit at me. Not a loud spit just a quiet little spit. I know it is coming every time.
THEN if I ignore him spitting (which is most of the time), he says,
"THEN I'LL PAT YOUR BUTT."
The best part is that he really thinks that he is hurting my feelings. It is so funny. I think he thinks pat means punch or hit.

No comments: