Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday to our sweet Sarah!!

Today Sarah turned 1.
I know I should be happy but it makes me so sad.
I keep getting tears in my eyes thinking that she is not a baby anymore.
I always got so annoyed when people said that they were sad that there kids were growing up too fast.
Now I feel the exact same way.

I don't know what it was but after Sarah was born I changed.
It was like a big burst of sunshine shot through me and I just became a better person.
I was so happy when she was born.
This year has been the best year of my life. It hasn't been perfect but I have learned more this year than in the past 5 years.
I still have a lot to work on and I always will but I will be happy doing it!

Thank you Sarah for giving me that burst of sunshine.
You are just the sweetest baby (see I still can't let her grow up).
You are so content and happy.
Your constant smile makes everything brighter.
I love you to pieces and I can't wait to see you grow.
Just slow down. Please.




1 year old


1 month

2 months


3 months


4 months


5 months


6 months


7 months


8 months


9 months


10 months


11 months

Sarah's birthday party

We had her party on the 3rd because Brian had to go out of town and we didn't want him to miss it.


I was going to make strawberry cupcakes but nobody has strawberries. So I asked my friend (the day before her party) if she would be able to make a cake and she did. How cute is it? I was so happy with how it turned out.








4 comments:

Courtney said...

She is adorable! Happy birthday Sarah!

Hoffmann Family said...

So you're the stinker who bought that outfit in 12-18 mo. LOL. I bought it in the 2 year size, had to have it, soooo cute!

Kate Bond said...

Happy Birthday little Sarah! Love her little piggies...so cute!

Jennie VandenAkker said...

OMG!! Really, I swear I was just visiting you at the hospital when you had Sarah!! Time flies!! Love the cake!