Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Danny's break dancing and hip hop performances

Almost a year ago we put Danny in break dancing because he struggled a lot with being the center of attention. I figured if he can learn to dance in front of others, that would help a lot. He ended up performing at his dance performance in front of everyone. I was shocked. I remember thinking, if he can perform in front of a big audience he will have come a long way, and he did. I was so proud of him. The first video is his first break dancing performance. I am sorry it is so shaky. The program we used to convert it didn't work out to well I guess.



This is his hip hop performance in December. We switched Studios because this one is closer and much bigger. I realized after watching this video that he does so well with choreography but not freestyle. His lack of improvising and watching his hand movements during the freestyle made me realize that we haven't completely gotten rid of his autism and we still have a little ways to go but he has come such a long way. He is such a good dancer. He is the one in the shorts on the left.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

He is so cute Annelise. Loved it.

mIcHeLLe said...

he is SUCH a good dancer! And seriously, I have seen him grow and change so much over the years Annelise...he is so cute...you should be so proud.

ashley g. said...

that is friggin' awesome, danny!!Look at that boy go! I wish I had some of his moves.

I'm impressed with what a good kid he is- learning and growing every day. Good job, Mom and Dad. We know you have a big hand in that too!