Sunday, June 17, 2012

Miso Salmon

This might be my favorite dinner that I make.  My family loves it!!! It is from Cheesecake Factory.

Miso Salmon
1/4 C brown sugar, packed
2 T soy sauce
1 t. ginger
2 T hot water
2 T miso (yellow soybean paste, ask someone at the grocery store where to find this)
2 C uncooked rice
1 C fesh snow peas
4 salmon fillets

Sake Butter
2 T peeled, julienned ginger.  Or if you are lazy like me, I just use 1 or 2 t. powdered ginger
3-4 garlic cloves, minced
1 T unslated butter plus 1/2 C cold unsalted butter
1/2 C plus 1 T Mirin (found in the Asian section at the grocery store) Usually good sake is used but I didn't want to go to the liquor store for it so my friend, Barbie suggested using this instead and I love it!!
1 T heavy cream (I just use skim milk and it works great)
1/2 t. fresh lime juice

Directions:
Cook rice.  Combine first 4 ingredients and whisk.  Arrange fish on a baking dish coated with cooking spray.  Spoon miso mixture over fish.  Bake fish at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until golden and flakes off easily with a fork.
sake butter:
In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook garlic and ginger in 1 T butter for 2-3 minutes.  Add 1/2 C mirin and bring to a boil for about 3 minutes.  Add the heavy cream or milk and boil for about 2 minutes.  Add the pieces of cold butter to the sauce one by one, whisking over medium high heat.  Once all the butter is incorporated, remove the pan from the heat.  Whisk in remaining 1 T of mirin and lime juice.
Place Sake butter on plate, top with a bed of rice and snow peas, place salmon on top of rice.
Enjoy!!

No comments: