Monday, May 16, 2011

Danny's big week!

Danny had a great week last week. We will start off with soccer.
I signed Danny and Sam up for soccer. I signed Sam up knowing that there was a good chance he wouldn't want to play. He really wanted to be on Danny's team so I did it anyway.
Our first soccer game wasn't the best. Our team scored a lot of goals (already better than our first season where Danny's team never scored a goal) but there are a few aggressive kids who had the ball every time and kept scoring goals, meaning Danny (who isn't aggressive with a big group of kids) had a very hard time getting the ball. He didn't score a goal and he just cried and said that he wasn't good at soccer. Sam went out on the field once and sat out the rest of the game. It made me so sad for Danny and I just hoped that he would somehow score one goal sometime.



So we had the 2nd game on Saturday. I had to get a bountiful basket and didn't end up getting there until a few minutes after it started. Brian took the kids to the game. As I was walking up to the field, I noticed that Danny was kicking the ball towards the goal. I started running towards the field and started screaming and cheering Danny on. I got there just in time to see Danny score a goal. The first goal of the game. I was so happy I almost cried. It is funny how the smallest things can bring a parent so much joy. He was so happy. Wow I was happy to get there just in time. He ended up scoring one more goal and was so proud of himself. Way to go Danny!!

Sam still didn't play but I am ok with that.




I love it when Sarah looks down to see my face while she is on my shoulders.


Sarah bugging Roman for a treat. Roman just stared at her wishing she would go away.





Danny's Spring Program
Danny had his spring program last week. He sang all of the songs which made me very happy. He didn't have quite as much enthusiasm as the other kids but that is exactly how I was as a child. I was quiet. He also tried very hard not to smile or make his movements to big. What a funny kid.


Although he didn't show much emotion, I could tell he was so happy and proud to see his grandparents come. When we walked in he searched to see who had come to support him. I saw just a little tiny look of excitement when he noticed who had come. That little tiny look of excitement meant he was very very excited, he just doesn't like to display his emotions in front of a crowd.


Yay Danny! Now that no one is watching, he can show his happiness.


Haha. He is trying not to smile.

1 comment:

Jennie VandenAkker said...

Go Danny! I totally know the same feeling. Chase has been playing soccer too and every game he tells me he can't score a goal because he's not big enough. Well he scored his first goal on Saturday and I was SO happy for him I too almost cried. Miss you. We need to get together.