Saturday, June 25, 2011

Danny

Danny is starting Kindergarten in one month. I feel like this is his last summer being a little boy. This is a lot of rambling but I want to remember this time in my kids life.
I love watching my kids grow up. Each stage is so exciting and they are so fun.
But this is actually making me very sad. I am very excited for him to start Kindergarten but it is going so fast.


Danny has become SO social. He loves playing with friends and I have to make a rule that he can't go over to friends houses until 9 a.m because he gets so excited to play with them. He loves to act silly with his friends. That is my fault because I am very sarcastic and I am always joking around with the kids. His favorite things are video games and the ipad but we only let him play video games once or twice a month. He loves to pretend to be a superhero or anything that requires him to pretend fight. He loves to wrestle with Sam and they love to beat each other up. They always end up crying and I am ALWAYS yelling at them to stop.

This is Danny laughing at me because there was a bee buzzing by me and I was screaming. Danny has the best laugh in the world. I love to hear him laugh. When I took him to see Kung Fu Panda 2, there was one part where he was the only one in the theatre laughing. The best part was that he was laughing so hard that it sounded like he was screaming. It was so funny.
Danny loves to learn. He loves to try new things. His mind NEEDS to be stimulated. He just soaks everything up. He is so good at reading and math. He isn't very into art. When he is asked to paint, he does it as fast as possible and doesn't mind coloring outside the lines. He stores so much information in his head and is always wanting to learn more.



Danny is so active. He just finished soccer and did GREAT. He LOVES to golf with Brian. He also likes swimming, baseball, and tennis. He wants to continue dancing so I am not sure what to do with all of his talents.


He has a hard time going into detail about things that he does. Every day I would ask him what he did in preschool and he would say, "play". I have to bribe him and threaten him with little things to get him to talk about what he did at school. When I ask him what he did at summer camp, birthday parties, sports games, he always gives me a one word answer. But he will talk my ear off if it has to do anything with movies or video games.


This is probably Danny's favorite friend, Erika. When he first started playing with her, he would talk about the color of her hair and the color of the dress she had worn that day. That is so not something that Danny does. It caught me by surprise. It was obvious he had a little crush.

When I say that Danny is growing up too fast, this is what I mean:
Erika's mom, Katie told me that Erika said that Danny kissed her on the cheek!!! Again, SO not something that Danny does often.
Then, I saw them sitting outside together and he had both of his arms around her and his cheek against her cheek.
Last of all, I saw them laying on the couch next to each other with their arms around each other. That made me nervous. I don't know where he is getting this from but isn't he way to young for me to be worrying about all of this!?! Ahhh! I had a talk with him and hopefully he will understand boundaries.
It just makes me laugh because that is very uncharacteristic of Danny to act that way.
Anyway, I love Danny. He is such a wonderful helper and very determined. I love that he tells me he loves me on a daily basis and is constantly giving me hugs.

No comments: