Monday, September 6, 2010

Patrick and Kimberly

Last Friday, my brother Patrick proposed to his girlfriend, Kimberly.
When I first heard that he was going to pop the question, I screamed, I was so happy.
I have always thought Patrick deserved the perfect girl. He is such a wonderful person. He is so patient and understanding.
I never thought he would find someone good enough for him but he did.
I just love Kimberly.
She just sits and plays with my kids. If you have kids, you know how much that means. She is so sweet. I honestly can't think of one thing I don't like about her.
And I LOVE WEDDINGS!!!
Every time someone in my family proposes or gets proposed to, we have a party that night. We have family and friends over and celebrate. If you look closely at the first picture, you will notice that my mom spent days getting ready for this. She loves to celebrate.
Patrick had Kimberly's parents fly in from Kansas and she had no idea. Her mom spent the whole day helping my mom decorate. Then we were waiting at my parents house for Pat and Kimberly to arrive. It was so cute because Kimberly called her mom and told her that Patrick proposed and her mom and dad said that they wished they could be there.

Then Kimberly walked into my parents house and her Dad answered the door. She just cried and hugged her parents, which made me cry.
In fact I was crying the entire day because I was so excited for them.
Plus I helped Patrick pick up the flowers, decorate my house (where he proposed) and I made a video for her of the 2 of them.
Patrick asked me if rose petals was overkill and I went on and on about how of course that is not overkill and this is just the beginning of their life together and you can never do too much...
and then I almost started crying again so I stopped talking.
As you can tell, my parents are thrilled, to say the least. I am so excited to have a new sister. She invited me to look at reception centers and we are going to look at wedding dresses too! I can't wait!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Congrats to the happy couple! What a fun idea to have a party and have her parents come.