Friday, September 17, 2010

Ruffle pants

I have been loving the cute ruffle pants that I have been seeing on little girls. I decided instead of paying $40 or more, I would make some.
They have lots of cute patterns for $10 but I figured I would make up my own for much cheaper.
So I found a pattern for simple girl pants at Hobby Lobby for only $1.
I cut out the pants from the pattern but left off a few inches from the bottom.
Then, I cut out the ruffle fabric, gathered it, and sewed it onto the bottom of the pants.
I also added some ricrac on top of the seam.
Here is the finished product (I also bought a shirt from target and appliqued some fabric on it for a pumpkin):



I think she likes them.

4 comments:

Kate Bond said...

I think they turned out so cute! I just may have to add yet another project to my ever growing list. ;)

Hoffmann Family said...

Good job! What a darling outfit!

ashley g. said...

Ok Martha. Your creativity makes me sick. with jealousy.

Those are adorable! I may have to commission you to perform a work of art for me soon!

Those chubby cheeks are sweet too. Love that baby Sarah.

L&J Bills said...

annelise, you are amazing! so darling! when are you going to teach me how to be crafty?!