Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Whatever tickles your fancy



Yoga
I love yoga.
Up until a few weeks ago, I have been doing all cardio classes at the gym. I asked my friend, who is a yoga instructor, why I wasn't losing weight. She told me that I needed to work on classes that strengthened my muscles instead of only cardio. I started taking yoga and now I love it. I love it so much that I take all yoga classes except for one cardio class a week.
I have been trying to get Brian to take it with me and he finally decided to! I was happy that he tried it and he even said he would do it again.
I love how yoga makes me feel. It has helped me feel confident about myself.
In one of the first yoga classes I took, the instructor talked to us about being grounded. She said we should try to find peace that day instead of being stressed about everything. I started crying. Luckily no one noticed. I had so many things planned that day that I was stressed about. Luckily all of my plans got cancelled and I was able to relax and find peace. I realized that I fill my life with too many things that don't matter.
And how amazing are these photos of my friend, Sariah! Stunning.

2 comments:

ashley g. said...

What the... that's a REAL LIVE PERSON? Go Sariah!

It seems like when I was doing just 40 minutes of yoga twice a week, that is when I started losing weight again. Hmmm... maybe I should do that again...

Annelise said...

Ya, I never thought yoga would be the thing that got me to lose my weight. It is tough.