Sunday, October 5, 2008

Carmel Apples...Yumm!

So the other day my friend, Lori, said that we should get together to make carmel apples. I got really excited and said that we should put white chocolate on also (I am obsessed with Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory's carmel apples with white chocolate and cinnamon sugar on top). I figured it wouldn't work but gave it a try anyway. So after ruining a few apples and a lot of chocolate, we got it to work by adding a little oil to the chocolate to smooth it out. Then we topped it off with some brown sugar. It was very messy (in case you couldn't tell by how they turned out) but so worth it! They tasted so good! All of the neighbor kids were asking for some.

Danny only wanted the part with the stick in it. He ate the whole center of like 3 apples. That was fine with me because then I got the outsides.

6 comments:

Lia said...

Wow, that looks really yummy!! I don't know how you stay so skinny!

Courtney said...

those look so good!

Leeann said...

I HAVE to have one of those. But I probably won't make it. I just don't have the skills :) How fun!

kendragreensides said...

I love the caramel apples with white chocolate and cinnamon sugar on them! They call them apple pie caramel apples at Disneyland...they are the best! I have been wanting to make caramel apples for like two weeks now, but haven't...just normal ones though, not fancy ones like you!

Emilee said...

those look great. i will be in town next weekend you should bring some by my parents house!

Jennie Brown Stephens said...

HEY!! A easy way to get the white choc to stick to the carmel... once the carmel is dried... scratch it up with a knife, and then dip it. Thats what we did when I worked at Cummings choc at the gateways years ago! Dirty fruit.... makes it easier for it to stick too, sadly! Yours look REALLY good though! YUM! Thats my favorite flavor apple! tastes like apple pie!!