Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The 3rd Friday in July

Every year I get so excited for the 3rd Friday in July which is the Nordstrom Sale!!! Ever since I was little my family and I would get up early and make sure we were at the Nordstrom Sale before the doors open at 7 a.m. I can't help but get so excited when my alarm goes off that morning and as we sait outside the doors for them to let us in. I have had a few weddings planned on or around the same day as the Nordstrom Sale each year but I always make it work so that I can still get to the Sale on time. I have also been pregnant twice and I made my sister try everything on for me. Last year my mom, sisters, and I went to San Francisco during the Sale and it was so great! There was no one there! Anyway, I started getting nervous on what to do with the kids but I went to the pre-sale today and got everything early! In order to keep Danny from going crazy, all I had to give him was some nilla wafers, 3 fruit leathers, fruit snacks, and a sucker. Although it wasn't the actual day of the sale, I still got so excited this morning. I am just happy that I don't have to go to Nordstrom the actual day of the sale because it will be a zoo! Yay for the pre-sale!!!

5 comments:

Brewer Family said...

I did the same thing! It's the best! Although I wasn't too impressed this year so that bummed me out!

BA Nygren said...

Annelise!!! I miss you, and I love seeing all these pictures of your cute kids, and the trip with your family! I cant believe you have two kids! No, that baby is my sister Lindsay's baby. No kids for us yet, maybe next year :) I want to go to lunch with you and Jennie, what do you think?

Brynn

mIcHeLLe said...

omg are you for real? you crack me up! Oh, it was so fun for Juice to meet Brian...we'll have to do dinner one night!

Erin said...

Be glad you weren't there...we went and everyone else in Utah. Since the downtown store is closed the fashion place Nordy's was crazy. We still got cute things...but it was crazy!

Jennie VandenAkker said...

I know. I LOVE the Nordstrom Sale and last year I totally passed it up because I was large and pregnant. And this year I was up in Bear Lake running around the cabin trying to steal someone else's wireless internet. I didn't have any luck until Saturday night. But I still was able to buy a few things. Now hopefully they fit.