Thursday, May 17, 2012

Ballroom Dancing

My parents love ballroom dancing.  They have been taking lessons for I don't even know how long.  Brian and I took a few lessons with them and I always thought it was so boring.  
My parents found this new studio and they hired a few people to dance with the guests at Patrick's wedding last year.  It was such a blast and I have loved it ever since.

So the other night, my Mom hired Martin (an instructor at Ballroom Utah) to do a private lesson with us.
This was one of the BEST.NIGHTS.EVER.
We did the samba, chacha, rumba, and swing.  We even danced in circles, giving high fives, and traded off dance partners until we ended back up with our original partner.  Martin took turns dancing with each of us to show how to do a certain move.  He even danced with Brian several times :)  Brian said he wasn't afraid of a guy in dressy sweatpants, which is what he was wearing.  Let me just say that there isn't one person who didn't notice how revealing his butt was in those pants.  Haha.

a
My family came along with Cheri, Cody, Alysha, Tucker and their family.



Bob and Kelli were hilarious.           Very impressive Cheri!



Alysha and Tucker doing the lift that Martin taught us.  That is actually a funny story.  I put my arms around Brian's neck and he tried to swing me around and i just fell over.  Martin runs over waving his arms and says, "No No, that is not how you do that.  Let me show you?"  He then taught us how to do swing your partner around properly.  Martin wanted to show Brian how to do it right so he ordered Brian to swing him around.  It was hilarious.  
The next picture is Alysha and her brother Richard.  They are REALLY close....  Haha :)



My family and Martin.  Actually, we are missing my brother and their wives.  They kind of slipped out before anyone knew they were gone.  Let's just say Martin doesn't shy away from the camera.

 

No comments: