Thursday, July 21, 2011

Living in a greencourt

*If you don't feel like reading everything, at least make sure you watch the music video that Danny and his freinds made at the bottom*
Do you ever just feel like you are in the perfect place in your life?
Brian and I talked about moving but decided not to because we LOVE the people we are surrounded by.
We live in a greencourt where 8 houses face each other. We have had some CRAZY neighbors and lots of sad experiences, including child abuse.
It is sometimes hard to live so close to people because you get to know more about them than you want to.
But I honestly wouldn't trade it for anything. I love where we live.
I have met some WONDERFUL friends. Every time I walk outside, there is another mom who comes and joins me on my porch to talk.
Living in our greencourt, there are constantly kids in and out of your house.

Since Sarah has been sleeping so much, we don't go out much. Instead I have tried to bake treats with the kids, which of course, includes ALL of the the neighbor kids. It has been so much fun....and MESSY. The kids get SO excited every time we do it.

Obviously, there is not a dress code in our greencourt. You can change into your pajamas in the middle of the day, like Sam.

Or you can just wear your swimsuit all day.




One day, the kids changed into their pajamas and got all of their stuffed animals, blanket, and pillows and had a "sleepover". It was so funny.





We decided to do a bake sale/water party one day. We wanted to raise money for kids who live in an orphanage and don't have anything. That morning we sent out an email to the neighbors and by the afternoon we had so many kids over and raised $80! Everyone is so willing to give. I love it.

Movie Night

I love movie night! Brian figured out how to make an outdoor movie screen and we watch movies outside at night. Sometimes we put the kids to bed and all of the parent's watch movies.


And best of all, we made a music video with all the neighbor kids! Danny sees the videos I make with my girls trips and he told me that he wanted to make one with his friends. I love it because my best friend, Emily and I made videos all the time when we were young so I was all for it. I asked the kids that were playing with Danny and Sam if they wanted to do it so all of the girls got all dressed up (LOVE Erika's wedding dress) and we started. Well the older kids watched what was going on and I asked them to join in. At first they said no but then they couldn't resist and joined in. Then next day, we watched it at our movie night and everyone loved it. It was so fun. Enjoy!!!

6 comments:

Pamilya Catubay said...

that is sooo cute! everyone is so into it! love Erika's wedding dress too!

sariah said...

you are such a good mommy!! :) i love it! can't wait to make our next music video ;)

ashley g. said...

What a GREAT memory for all of the kids and their families to have! Seriously- the wedding dress was hot.

But what I loved was the cinematography. So Annelise. ;)

I think you are lucky to have such great neighbors! NOBODY MOVE!

ashley g. said...

And I also think they are pretty lucky to have you. SO DON'T MOVE. EVER.

Lia said...

That was so fun! I love it! What great memories for everyone.

Kate Bond said...

Yay! Love our greencourt! If you think the wedding dress was hot you should have seen Erika's first outfit she was going to wear.