Thursday, December 2, 2010

With the exception of Adam Levine

I am not the type of girl who likes it when a guy sings to her.
In fact, I hate it. It is SO akward and makes me really uncomfortable.

When I was in high school, I had a big crush on this cute guy. I even got a ride with him in his car to our friends house. I was so excited.
Then it happened.
We were listening to music.
It all happened so fast I didn't even get a chance to react.
He started singing to me in the car.
I froze. My eyes went wide.
This wasn't the joking, having fun singing.
This was the I am trying to sing my heart to you, please look at me, I am going to try to get you to look at me, why aren't you looking at me singing.
I didn't know what to do. I just stared straight ahead and didn't look at him. In fact I don't think I was even breathing.
Well, after about a minute of that, he turned the music off and got mad at me because I didn't look at him while he was singing to me. I think that was the last time we talked to each other.

From then on, I have continued to cringe when a guy sings to me or even if I see a guy singing to another girl.

Until one day I was listening to the Coffeehouse station on satellite radio and I heard ADAM LEVINE ( from Maroon 5) singing an accoustic version of Misery.
At that point I realized that I wouldn't mind him singing that song to me. Ok I will be honest, I think I would melt. NOT that I was imagining him singing to me or anything...
Wow Adam, you did it. Your beautiful voice has cured me of this ridiculous fear. You can sing it to me anytime you want. Maybe wait till the kids go to bed so I don't hear them screaming in the background.
Also when you are done with Misery, could you also sing Sunday Morning for me?

Now take a moment to listen to this song. You won't regret it.

6 comments:

ashley g. said...

HAHAHA!!! That is the BEST story I've heard all week! "why are you looking at me..." sheer hilarity.

I can totally picture it to. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall.

When I was in jr. high, my brother and his girlfriend were giving me a ride somewhere. I think that he forgot I was in the car, and he totally DEDICATED a song to her. And it was the cheesiest song too- "Invisible Man" or something like that.

What made it even better is that I told my oldest brother about what the middle brother did and we were laughing our heads off while brushing our teeth in the bathroom. Then the guilty brother walked in to brush his teeth when the SONG CAME ON.

Needless to say, we called him the invisible boy for a while...

Kari Badell said...

I had the chance to meet Maroon 5 before they became huge and I didn't...needless to say I've regreted it ever since. Also, I love "Sunday Morning" - my all time favorite song of theirs.

Lia said...

I'm corny, I like it when Phil sings to me. Actually I love to sing WITH him. Good times singing to oldies.

Brewer Family said...

That is so funny! And I TOTALLY agree! So awkward!

cathy cannon howard said...

Annelise, I totally get that story and completely agree with you. The music is great but wish I could see what Adam looks like. I gwuss I will have to google him.

Chiara said...

That is one funny post! i was dying laughing....I totally know what you mean though, I feel the same way! Awesome!!